Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tuesday's Writing Workshop

I found Tuesday's writing workshop to be immensely helpful because it presented the opportunity to collaborate with peers. I had not intended in using this class period in this way but am glad that I did because I was able to smooth over some writing frustrations that I had been experiencing.

I really appreciate our class because I see it as one of those few classes that you can show up to and feel completely comfortable. It also seems to be that there is just the right amount of us in the class; it is never too full yet never awkwardly small. I noticed as everyone was busily working away that the room was filled with chatter about all sorts of aspects of Edmonton. I couldn't help but sort of smile to myself because I realized that each and every one of us had a special piece of the city that we were interested in.

4 comments:

  1. That is an awesome post! I was not in class on tuesday, I have issues with small desks and my laptop but I feel the same way about the class. I was so disappointed in myself for not going, it made my day a little more depressing than normal. I am always so happy to go to class because I love how we all have an opinion and an outlook. It would be interesting to hear about what everyone actually did for their project, which part of Edmonton they took on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I found it really interesting to eaves drop and listen in on what aspect of Edmonton caught people's attention - there are many! It would be neat if people wanted to post their essays as a final blog, I'd love to course through them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I think we should all post our final essays :) You go first, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Laura, you have the honor of receiving my final Blog comment for this project. Wow. I can't believe it's over. It's been a ride.

    Anyway the writing workshop was really fun.

    I actually completely waisted the entire class talking about the series finally of Battlestar Galactica which had happened the previous weekend.

    But writing the paper has been a very interesting and difficult but very fulfilling experience. This whole class has really opened my mind to many new things. This paper fills me with a sense of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete